Monday, August 29, 2005

katrina comes north

Because I could not head south for Katrina, she kindly came northward for me.
That bitch.

She is now calling herself a tropical storm and bringing with her the threat of tornados as she matriculates toward Tennessee.

On a related note: I would like to take this opportunity point out to the good Lord that I never said anything about not fearing tornados in my early post. I clearly stated my respect for the bastards and then merely insinuated that I preferred them to hurricanes, as they are the devil with which I am more familiar. Now looks like we might have a side-by-side comparison on the agenda, and I am left to wonder if Casa Camino is technically insured for tropical storms.
I am also left with a number of other matters that I would like to address with the good Lord, but I will tend to those in private, as the statute of limitations has yet to expire on the majority of them.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stella said...

I flew in from Detroit via Chicago this evening. Not only is Katrina a bitch to deal with on land, she's even worse when you're flying a plane through her trying to make it to the runway. Not that I was flying the thing myself, but I did get a nice, bumpy ride.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Jeez. I'm pretty skiddish on the smoothest of flights, and I imagine that trying to fly through or even over a hurricane or tropical storm might cause me to lose my firm grip on sanity.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

The glass (cup) of Chardonnay and my iPod got me through it.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

That would certainly help, but I would need malt liquor and codeine and Nora Jones holding my hand while trying to sing me to sleep.

11:48 AM  
Blogger melusina said...

Have you survived? Or has Katrina not hit yet?

At least you can go knowing you caused an international incident over at my blog! Sheesh, can't let you out of the house! Haha!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I think it has passed and left only rain and a few fallen tree branches, Mel. Thanks for asking.

I saw my international incident on your site and went into hiding.

But think about this: catfish terrorism is only nonsensical until it is a reality, and then it is too late. I was just trying to take my first hand knowledge of the Turks and cover all angles.

Also, do you guys have catfish in that part of the world? There really was something strange about my sister's roomate.

2:24 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

I think we do have catfish here. That isn't confirmed though. I always thought you could only find catfish in the South. Apparently it is everywhere.

Of all the things to study, catfish diseases is pretty weird. Then again, the Turks are pretty weird. Half of the commercials we get on MTV here are Turkish, the other half are Israeli. Both sets of commercials are equally odd.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home