Monday, October 16, 2006

a bit about marriage and a new candidacy idea

I'm given to understand that there is an amendment dealing with marriage on this year's ballot in Tennessee. I also gather that it is a simple Yes/No question and therefore leaves one unable to write in the name of Rex L. Camino, but I will not let that keep me from trying. It would certainly kick ass to be the first write in candidate in history to win on a Yes/No question, but I'm sure "the man" has ways of thwarting me on this. He always does.
But I digress.
I don't know if marriage questions ever end up on the ballot in India, but this story leads me to believe that they are far more liberal on the matter.
Will this inspire any Vol fans to propose to Rocky Top? Only time will tell, but I hesitate to link to the article for that very reason.*
Anyway, I babble on about marriage here because today happens to be the seventh anniversary of my wedding to the lovely and talented Mrs. Camino.
Happy anniversary, dear.



*It's not like Vol fans can read anyway.**
**Oh snap. Oh no he didn't.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re the marriage to a hill, note the article was unattributed and it was in a publication from Bahrain.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Vol Abroad said...

I thought you meant "propose to Rocky Top" as in have the dulcet strains of Rocky Top playing in the background as you propose to make that lifelong comittment. 'Cause well, that's romantic.

My husband did not do that, but he was not raised in SEC country. However, we did pay a band from Alabama to play Rocky Top at our wedding. Yee haw!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Did he propose in Knoxville? It's hard to cross the street in that town without someone erupting into "Rocky Top".

10:35 AM  
Blogger Vol Abroad said...

No he proposed in Scotland. Perhaps I should have held out on saying yes until he hired a bag piper to play Rocky Top.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home