Saturday, July 09, 2005

live 8 revisited

You've done it, Sir Paul. You have finally driven me to hate "Hey Jude". You probably did it at the Superbowl, but last week's celebrity sing along to the "na na na" part was the first time to test my gag reflex since then, and it was not pretty. You have officially dug up and beat that dead horse one time too many. John never would've put up with that shit, and you know it. I expect this kind of thing from U2, Paulie, but you are better than that. Just stop it. Seriously.
Pink Floyd, please take that shit on tour. It was a bit rough around the edges and Roger was obviously nervous, but it was genuine. I don't mind telling you that old Rex got a little choked up. You were the only reason I kept flipping over to VH1's rebroadcast all morning, and your performance rendered the morning unwasted. Please bring that shit to Nashville. I promise to feed all the starving kids, sign the Kyoto thingy, elect John Kerry, send personal grooming products to Ireland, or do whatever it was that I was supposed to do after watching Live 8.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. After finally getting a chance to watch some of the Pink Floyd video I found from the the CNN website of all places, I was pretty blown away by how great they sounded, especially on "Comfortably Numb".

7:24 AM  
Blogger melusina said...

Agree on both points.

I also got choked up seeing Roger up there with them. I just can't believe he actually got up there with them again. I just hope it isn't an SOTA. They should go on tour, but I think they need to come to Greece first!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Paul enjoys to overuse the "na na na's" time and time again. Though I am a HUGE Beatles fan, and that's an understatement, I've never been a big fan of Hey Jude. Then, in Atlanta a few years back, the na na na's went on for what seemed to be an eternity. Hated it then...hate it now. I still love you, Walrus.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Wally Bangs said...

And what about that twit George Michael coming out to sing with Paul on "Drive My Car"? He's not worthy to wipe up Paul's sweat. The absolute worst part of any huge celebrity bill is how legends mingle with the obviously less talented as if music is all one big happy family. It's one reason why I didn't get too far in the music business. I refused to play nice with musicians I didn't like.

Floyd were incredible. It was nice to see their entire set without those brain dead MTV veejays gabbing over the top of the music.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I'm a huge Beatles fan as well. George was always my favorite, and you wouldn't have seen him doing this sort of thing had he stayed in the best of health. Paul can do some great things onstage nowadays, but he can also do things that make you wish he would call it a career.

I am also a bass player, primarily. That is why I haven't gone far in the music business.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home