Friday, August 11, 2006

pictures of kitty

The Wonderdawg has kindly asked to see my desktop, and I am obliging. Actually, there isn't much to my desktop to be seen. It is a small and cheap yard sale quality particle board desk that holds little more than the keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and here is my view from it.
rexroom081106
Click to embiggen, as always.
Trust me, some actual planning and decoration went into the rest of the house, but the Rexroom resembles my college apartment. It's just a bonus room above the garage. I have things to go on the walls but I'm waiting for more things and perhaps some new furniture before I go to the trouble of putting them up. I'll give you the full tour once it is made presentable, but here, from left to right, is the corner I see from where I sit on August eleventh of twenty aught-six.
First is a small edge of the all important television, followed by my grandfather's antique Silvertone deluxe portable crank phonograph. This sits beside my old college Wal-mart nightstand, which currently holds an eggcrate of records and my Crosley Stack-O-Matic. Next is the upright bass lying in front of the coffee table that graced my childhood home throughout the eighties. It holds assorted guitar accessories and an amplifier. The amplifier holds a Jesus candle from Dollywood that I like to have present when recording. This is followed by shelves of randomly stacked CDs and a telecaster. Last is the aforementioned and sparsely inhabited desktop. Aside from the keyboard and monitor, we see only a speaker, CD, and a 3-hole punch with the name "Kitty" taped in the center. I don't recall having ever used this 3-hole punch or why it sits on an otherwise nearly uncluttered desk. One would assume that it was taken from someone named "Kitty", but there is a very real possibility that Mrs. Camino simply decided to give our 3-hole punch a name.
On my monitor is a picture I took at Ft. Morgan in Mobile a few years back. You will also notice the glare from the window just behind me. Carl Weathers is currently curled up unseen at my feet and refusing to come out and pose for the picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Collie said...

Wow....the inner sanctum of Camino.

9:53 PM  
Blogger chez bez said...

You know that there is a street named Rexland in the Boro? Just thought you'd appreciate that.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home