Tuesday, July 25, 2006

another campaign update

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time. - Winnie Churchill, avid painter and martini enthusiast.

I early voted today but neglected to retrieve the little sticker that boasted as much from that little old lady behind the sign-in table. Therefore, you'll simply have to take my word for it.

Who did I vote for? For governor, I voted the same as CLC. I hadn't planned on assuming the governorship, but one takes what one can get. I then John-Jay-Hookeringly voted for myself on senator as well. I also wrote in my name wherever incumbents were running unopposed but then chose to vote for a few people actually on the ballot.

If I am completely clueless on a given race I simply vote for the candidate with the most unfortunate name, regardless of party. For instance, while I despise UT football, Jim Bob Cooter can fall back on politics and always have my vote. That goes for governor, mayor, or dog catcher. I'm there for Cooter.
I am tempted by Corker, but he would need to change the "Bob" to "Bobby" and then slap a "Jim" or "Joe" or "Beauford" in the middle to earn my support.
If all of the names are equally unfortunate and there are no Libertarians on the ballot, I then alternate between the parties. However, I probably vote more Democrat on judgeships, as they tend to be considerably more lenient in their sentencing. This will come in handy when I am eventually caught.
One must always think ahead.
Anyway, the governor and senator races are still in the primary phase, and this leaves you plenty of time to vote Camino.
Gracias in advance.

5 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Well, I have to ask.
What has your campaign budget been.
I'm early voting tomorrow.
Go REX!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you consider "Krumm" an unfortunate name? I thought so when I was in the second grade. But like a boy named Sue, it makes you stronger.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

It's probably close enough, Bob--I mean, Sue.

Cookie would always get my vote. That combination of names is so unfortunate it's beautiful.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True Story: back in my college days, the town in which I lived had a "Mike Hunt" running for office. While I wasn't registered to vote in that town, I thought he had excellent chances.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

We had a magistrate in our county named Richie Rash.

The dumbass named his son, who was a year behind me, Richie Rash Jr.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home