Monday, September 18, 2006

a little ditty about rex and diane

Why does Diane Sawyer talk to me like I’m “special”? I mean, I know I have the appearance, mannerisms, conversation and college transcript of one who is seemingly slow-witted, but I don’t think I deserve to have a morning television personality read me headlines of celebrity gossip and the latest household dangers in a voice better suited to interpret The Little Engine That Could in the short time it takes me to locate the remote and change to Univision. I may not understand the news in Spanish, but at least the ladies there aren’t quite as condescending…I don’t think.

Also, they're usually hot. I think it’s the black blood.
Perhaps it is, Captain Howdy. All I know is that the affairs of the world are less troubling when you aren’t quite sure what’s going on and when there is a good chance that the newscasters will erupt into seemingly spontaneous salsa dancing at any given moment.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya, Rex Dahlin. I just wrote last week about how her and that Robin Roberts are two of the whitest gals on tv. There, they're both Southern Gals and not an ounce of twang or character in either of them.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I thought I recalled someone mentioning Diane recently.

Yep, it's sad how they take the drawl out of those they want to market. Ashley Judd sounds much better (and seems even more attractive)when she has her Kentucky accent.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She doesn't have a Kentucky accent. What are you tawkin' bout? She was raised in California and then she went to my junior high and high school and went to school for like a year in Kentucky. I know this cause I watched their True Hollywood Story today. I knew the part about when she was at school with me and then at Franklin HS with my sister.

Them Judds are nothing but crazy liars.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

So I guess she faked a southern accent and then faked the losing of her fake southern accent.

I feel so used.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

It's because you ARE special.
I saw Ernest Angley speaking specifically to you the other night.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I did too, but my therapist told me to ignore him when he talks to me directly, as he so often tells me to do such bad things.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home