Thursday, June 09, 2005

the warrior motel

More vacation slides here. This one is from the same trip, taken along the winding road somewhere between Bryson City and the Cherokee reservation line.
the warrior motel outside cherokee, nc
I love this one. Were I to see this anywhere at any time I would have to stop the car and pull out the camera. I could sever my own arm in a lawncare accident of some sort and be rushing it to the hospital in an ice chest for reattachment, see this, and have to stop.
If you are offended by the subject matter I offer the fact that I am something like 1/16th Cherokee or Creek, I think, and am not offended. You can relax. What we have here is a proud warrior, a fine specimen of a man with huge pectoral muscles, a strong nose, and a mohawk. He sort of look likes Bono, only manly.
What it has is character. This is from the day of the motor lodge, a happy and magical time so poignantly captured by Alfred Hitchcock in "Psycho". It is a far cry from the safe and sterile, yet bland and painfully ordinary modern traveling reality of a Howard Johnson's or Motel 6 at every interstate exit. I bet you can still smoke at the Warrior Motel. You can also picnic and enjoy the flower and water garden too, whatever that is.
It certainly beats the hell out of the Lee Greenwood theater and endless airbrushed t-shirt and pulled taffy establishments that await one in Gatlinburg.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherokee Inn said...

Found your post interesting to read. I really appreciate your work. This post is really handy and useful, I am sure people will get help from this. And thanks for sharing. Hotels in Cherokee IA
Cherokee Inn

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home