Thursday, September 29, 2005

dream or actual movie

I can’t remember if I read about this movie being developed or if I dreamed I was writing the script, but it torments me. Here’s the plot:

Scientists studying the shroud of Turin are able to extract a DNA sample and then clone themselves a real live baby Jesus. It turns out that this manages to fulfill the “second coming” prophesied in the Bible, and it eventually leads to the end of the world and such.

It is not unlike a mix between Left Behind and Jurassic Park with just a dash of The Omen thrown in for good measure, and I think it would make a fine vehicle for Rob Schneider.

Now, this really has nothing to do with Biblical questions or the shroud’s authenticity. Bear in mind that this is a movie or possible movie, and that films often require us to set aside notions for a couple of hours. We all know that Tom Cruise is freakishly small in real life, and that Ewoks would really just get in the way when one is battling the dark side of the Force.

I just like the plotline and hope to use it without threat of plagiarism, so please let me know if I’m thinking of a movie that already exists.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

This sounds remarkably like the Jeff Long book Year Zero.

Good book. Not as good as his book The Descent but still good.

So, yeah. Good plotline.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can I play the part of the DNA?

mmmmmm DNA-ey...

I have the wardrobe already...

2:09 AM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Love me?

2:46 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Gracias for the help, Katherine. I have never read that, but I suppose that it might be a bit too close.

Sorry, tha b, but I already have a part for you. You will play the role of Leonard, the shroud of Tourin's dastardly brother-in-law.

Sorry, unknown, but I cannot love that which I do not know.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home