Tuesday, June 20, 2006

whatever happened to corey haim?

Which is of course referring to the song by the Thrills and not the actual Corey Haim, though this least remembered of the Coreys does occasionally enter my thoughts. I hope he is well, of course, and that those successful young chaps in the Thrills have seen fit to compensate him for the use of his name despite no legal requirement to do so. The song would make no sense had our Mr. Haim chosen to shun Hollywood for a quiet set of teenage years back home in Canada, and they should recognize this.
Nevermind. I'm becoming increasingly uncertain about the relationship between Mr. Haim and the song that bears his name.
Anyway, He was always the thinking man's Corey, and I would like to think that he has thus far avoided reality television out of self-respect and a strong resolve to maintain all that the Coreys stood for. Whatever that was.
But I digress.
What I meant to say was that it is a damn good summer song. Couple it with "Tell Me Something I Don't Know" and you have a formidable tandem with that magical power to make one drive ninety or so miles an hour without knowing it.
However, when he comes around the corner on I-24 to suddenly encounter the morning gridlock traffic he will know it.
Summer songs are best left to the drive home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Well, of course.
Summer songs, and being tomorrow is the beginning of summer, this applies.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rex, I hope you will take this advice in the spirit in which it is given (dontcha just hate when people say that, it means they're gonna whack you up side the head) ... anyway, that link on the word "Nevermind" is a toxic one. My screen was filled with popups. I'm not used to that Rex. You would be doing your readers a good turn if you would take it down.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I only do what the popups tell me to, Joe.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home