Friday, June 17, 2005

seizing the opportunity

Special thanks to Brittney over at Nashville is Talking for sending some traffic my way today. I figure that makes this the ideal time to announce my candidacy.
rex for president
Yes, dear cats and kittens, you can now make a difference in the political process. By electing Rex L. Camino in 2012 (my first year of eligibility) you will essentially guarantee that shit will not get done. That is a good thing for us all. I solemnly promise to lounge about the Whitehouse for the majority of the day, swinging by the office for only a few minutes between breakfast and cocktails to check for any legislation repealing laws. That will be the only shit that gets done. All other legislation will be immediately trashed. I also swear to return the Whitehouse pressroom to its former glory as an indoor swimming pool. Those are my promises to you.
Other promises include planning to run Libertarian. I will, however, accept other parties' nominations or try it independently, should the Libertarians unwisely choose to run another. I have also chosen this guy for Press Secretary, should he accept. That in itself should garner me some votes.
Now we come to the crucial part, the financing. Always remember that no amount is too small, but that we here at the Blog o' Doom will give perks and favors based on the amount you give. There are many cabinet posts left to fill, each with decent pay and benefits and consisting of nothing more than fetching me another drink and making sure Helen Thomas doesn't drown or wear anything too revealing around the pool.
Join me, dear readers, and together we will go forth and live the dream.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wally Bangs said...

Can I be your press secretary?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

This is a great blog!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Wally,
I think your work with "Dragula" has earned you a spot as Minister of Culture. I know that post doesn't exist currently, but one of the others can pe eliminated to make way for it.

Yankee,
Thanks for reading. I'm glad you like it.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Wally Bangs said...

Minister Of Culture? Sounds good to me.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home