Sunday, October 02, 2005

adios

I’m off for a week of bid’ness travel that has nothing whatsoever to do with landscaping. I will spend then next five days in a possibly windowless conference room, but it will be good to drink all the coffee I want with no worries about having to find a restroom or a spot in the bushes where I can’t be seen by Belle Meade traffic. It will be a nice change of pace, and it will certainly pay better and help erase the deficit in my bank account from Carl’s recent cleansing, but I do hate the airplane travel.

However, travel statistics reassure me that I will be back here by my 31st birthday next Saturday when I plan to spend the evening catching up on a week’s worth of taped Tony Danza shows.

But I also hate that I will probably be without Internet access for the week. I don’t expect to be able to read or post any while gone, but I will leave you something to amuse yourself with.

Traig and McGrath is the finest tandem of shut-in detectives that I’ve come across, and I’ve seen many. Just remember to pace yourself.
Also, keep in mind that Tab cola is a beautiful drink for beautiful people.

2 Comments:

Blogger mapgirl said...

Tab cola is marketed and sold as "Coca-Cola Light" in Italy (or as I like to pronounce it, It'ly). But when they bring it with a big glass of ice, you are just delighted to see it. I forgot how much I liked the Tab cola, and I am not a beautiful person.

I'm actually coming to N'ville for the Southern Festival of Books. No word on whether Tony Danza is making an appearance.

Safe travels
m.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I'm not much on Tab or any other softdrink, mapgirl, and I'm not sure what that says about me. However, I do enjoy a Diet Sundrop every once in a while.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home