Wednesday, January 18, 2006

a television confession

People are always asking me about how I maintain such a svelte and trim, yet robust appearance, and I tell them…

Who the hell would ask you that?

Uh…mainly telemarketers who interrupt the second hour of the cocktail hour here at Casa Camino, the occasional blind person, or anyone else who I deem it necessary to inform of my svelteness and whatnot.

Anyway, I always tell them that it is due to my strict regiment of closing the blinds every Saturday afternoon and dancing along with Hispanic hip-hop and tejano beats provided by Caliente on Univision. For my money, there really is no better foreign language dance program provided by the Murfreesboro cable system.

Also, there is just enough time for plenty of cerveza and a good siesta between that and Don Francisco’s Sabado Gigante.
I just wish I knew what the hell those people were saying.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that watching Sabado Gigante every week will teach you to speak Spanish. That, or cause a nocturnal emmission when some cosmetically enhanced pneumatic senorita comes out to suggestively shake her maracas.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

No kidding. I can watch Univision for long stretches of time, not giving a damn what they're talking about.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I have been able to speak Spanish well enough to get by at different points in my life, but that sort of thing quickly goes away if unused.

Sabado Gigante works as a good refresher, but just as I begin to understand what's going on a rodeo clown will run out from backstage or they will put audience members in odd costumes. I then find myself confused and once again on the outside looking in.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Las mujeres españolas tienen pechos y pelo hermosos en su asno.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I translated most of that, Jon.

I've found that the words for body parts, seedy professions, and drinks tend to stick with you.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home