Friday, January 06, 2006

rex dispenses legal advice

To the misguided individual who found their way here by asking Jeeves if it was illegal to impersonate an attorney:
Yes, it is.
That was one of the first questions I had during my brief stint as a law clerk, and a genuine attorney assured me that it was. However, he said that impersonating Matlock was well within the law.
I next asked about the legality of impersonating a law clerk.
"There's no law against it", he said. He then patted me on the shoulder and added, "So you've nothing to be afraid of."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

intrestingly, i found it is also illegal to claim under oath something was said to you by an attorney when it was really just some guy who said it....and they were speaking to someone else....and you might have been asleep...or drunk.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home