Monday, May 15, 2006

back from where the weather suits my clothes

The big difference between last week's short vacation to the Alabama gulf coast and my usual southward meanderings is that last week didn't make me want to stick around and earn my keep as a gator wrangler, bassist in a buffett cover band, driftwood merchant, or the guy who paints names on the sides of newly purchased yachts.

No, I meant to leave out "airbrushed t-shirt artist".

Anyway, it had been years since I had been there so close to the tourist season, and the extra traffic and longer waits at the seafood restaurants were not a welcomed difference from my annual winter visits.

Still, a good time was had by all. I returned a bit sunburned and full of seafood and Negra Modelo, and you can't ask for more than that...except that maybe it wouldn't be so effing cold back in Tennessee. Then again, that is to be expected, I suppose.

Anyway, vacation slides are probably coming soon. Don't say you weren't warned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any problems going through customs? South Alabama.... geez..

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home