Tuesday, May 09, 2006

file under gossip

I had planned on spending Saturday sampling the music and carney food of Murfreesboro’s Main Street Jazz Festival, but having to go in to work for half a day kind of put the kibosh on that. I usually avoid working weekends now that I have less responsibility at work, but the fact that I’m taking off the last half of this week to head to the beach sort of guilted me into it.

At any rate, I still had time to run downtown for my monthly headbuzzing on the square. The guy in the barber’s chair before me was a plumber and the talkative sort, and it turns out that he helps set up the water systems at Bonnaroo each year. According to him, this will be the last for the festival. However, do not fret, for once this year’s crop of neo-hippies is swept from the Manchester landscape, plans will begin on an Opryland-esque amusement park to sit in its place.

(insert own hippie amusement park joke here)

Wow, you really don’t like hippies. Anyway, I don’t think that the park will have anything to do with the festival. It sounds more like a different group of investors who simply want to occupy the Bonaroovian space once it’s no longer needed.

Then again, the Murfreesboro square is known to be a haven for all manner of delusional individuals.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

By the way, I have some rough sketches for Rex L. Camino’s Land of Doom if anyone is interested. Bear in mind that martini waterfalls and animatronic kinkajous are relatively cheap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kleinheider said...

Then again, the Murfreesboro square is known to be a haven for all manner of delusional individuals.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?


Yes, I can confirm that the Murfreesboro square is known to be a haven for all manner of delusional individuals.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Carny food...
Ymmmm.
Incidentally, last time I was in the 'boro I went to a place called "Liquid Smoke" (is that right?) They had hookas and I laughed because there was a woman in there wearing pasties hanging out at the bar.
I laughed.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Pasties? I visit Liquid Smoke on occasion and have witnessed the hooka activities, but the pasties thing is news to me, coma.

By the way, Liquid Smoke has my favorite public restroom in the 'boro.

Nice, Herr Kleinheider. I nearly choked on my martini olive.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home