Wednesday, December 06, 2006

holiday decorations and a bit of seasonal rambling

I had been meaning to put up a Christmas banner for a while now, but it wasn't until last night when I sat on my ass watching Mrs. Camino put up our decorations that I was inspired to break out the Photoshop and Illustrator. I had actually been meaning to put up a Fall banner for quite some time. I photographed the foliage and such and sketched a few things but I just couldn't relinquish the palm trees.

It occurs to me now that I should have incorporated palm trees into the Christmas banner. Damn.

Anyway, can I take this opportunity to let you know just how much I hate cold weather? Sure, that one and only snowfall we get is nice to watch and even play in, and I do enjoy my fireplace, but few things in life weigh on the gut more heavily than that sense of dread that grows when one nears the end of a warm shower and begins to anticipate the cold air waiting on the other side of the curtain.
Carl Weathers is a cold weather dog hates being dragged about on those ninety degree days, but I'll take a sauna over the bitter and stinging wind any day.
And this is just the Tennessee winter I'm talking about. I don't see how any of you people north of here can stand this sort of thing. I mean, I haven't spent much time up there during the winter months, but it seems uninhabitable from my safe distance.
Anyway, this is why I drive around in an SUV and waist aerosol hairspray on my bald head in a feeble attempt to warm the Earth's climate.
That, and I've always thought that icebergs just look so smug.
Anyway, I hope this has in some way contributed to you holiday spirit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

I acquiesced to moving here from N.Indiana because of the warmer weather.

Days like today, I'm seriously contemplating heading for Florida. Hurricanes be damned.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Seriously. Days like this cause me to consider the economic incentives they were giving folks to come to New Orleans.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Rex, like your holiday look.
Also, if you head to New Orleans for the incentives, I'll come along with you and Mrs. Camino and Carl Weathers, if they approve.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should move out to LA. It's been in the mid-70's every day. And there are lots of palm trees.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeah.. you SHOW those ice bergs!! With their pointy tips and freezing temps.

It's really not as bad up north as some people think. Probably because you're forced to walk around that itself warms you up.

Here, where you go from a warm car into a cold parking lot into a warm building, there's never really a chance to get used to how it feels.

Or something like that.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Carl's really digging the cold weather, 'coma, so he may not want to venture any further south with us.

Anytime I read Raymond Chandler I want to move to LA, Stella, but I guess I'd also need a time machine to get to that particular LA. I think I could get used to the weather there, but the traffic probably wouldn't be worth it.

The north may indeed not be as cold as I'm thinking, Muffy, but I still couldn't live there. I want to be here when the South rises again, and it would be just like the South to rise again without me.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home