Monday, December 04, 2006

where credit is due

Now, I've never been one to toot my own horn, but...

Lord knows you've hurt your back trying.
Uh...Anyway, it occurred to me that the Titans were a sad lot up until this motivational speech of sorts. They unfortunately didn't win that particular Indy game, but the team that took the field at the RCA dome was not the hopeless collection of defeated souls we had grown used to in the early season. They finally played with heart and began to start to turn things around.
Then Albert Haynesworth stomped some guy's face and Pacman got arrested again. The team once again needed ol' Rex to get all up in their grill, as it were, and I did so on a much larger stage. The result was a win, of course, but I didn't ask for the glory. I had nestled them to my bosom in their hour of darkness, and the satisfaction of seeing them succeed was enough for me. That's how I roll.
However, it looks like Uncle Bud will soon be whipping out the checkbook to extend Coach Fisher's contract, and I thought this would be a good time to mention my contributions this season. Also, I'd like to let Uncle Moneybags know that I'm currently available for a full time motivational speaker/guru-type job with the Titans organization.
But you may want to act quickly, as I have yet to be officially eliminated from Alabama's coaching search.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home