Saturday, July 16, 2005

return of the dreaded manuel labor

The dreaded Manuel Labor, like any good B-movie villain, is never completely dead. Just when you think it is safe to claim your rightful place on the couch for a weekend of sporting activities or John Wayne films, he is back. Just when you are all geared up to hike with the dog or administer an ass kicking to neighborhood kids in an unfriendly game of tackle football, you get that call from your brother-in-law. Family, as you can well imagine, is the greatest enabler of the dreaded Manuel Labor.
He is indeed back this weekend. This weekend is my sequel to this, and I fear it will be a series to rival the Friday the 13th franchise. Then again, I suppose I do need the exercise.

3 Comments:

Blogger melusina said...

Yes, unfortunately we are about to do that to our family when we move next month. Already it has started, my father-in-law had to put off his beach vacation to work on our new apartment.

I'm sure we'll be paid in kind in the very near future. But at least we know how to not answer our phone!

2:19 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

I have arrived at your Blog of Doom via Deb at sugarfused and have discovered a very entertaining blog. BTW, I am a big fan of Gillian Welch.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

There are always benefits and detriments to having family nearby. The good thing I've learned from this is that its somethimes better to hire painters. Also, it is better to hire just about everybody in the housebuilding process.

Welcome, Red Molly. Glad to meet ya.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home