Tuesday, October 04, 2005

adios interrupted

I'm doodling cartoon cowboys when I should be taking notes because I was not built for the windowless conference room. It shares a wall with the parking garage, and not all the guests appear to be keen on mufflers, but I suppose all this free food, coffee, and San Pelligrino is nothing to complain about.

I am in Tallahassee. The wind is whipping through the mossy oak and palm fronds outside the window of the hotel lobby to my right, and I imagine that we are about to experience another good ten minute afternoon storm, but the weather is not as hot as I expected. Neither is Tallahasse as large as I remembered it from when I drove through a few years back. It is a sleepy little town to be the capital of the sunshine state, truth be told.

I am currently flanked by all manner of artists' renditions of Florida State football memorabilia. It is all available for purchase, and any of you who want a framed picture of Bobby Bowden or a melodramatic Seminole kneeling by a stagnant creek in earthy pastels should let me know now.

That is about all I can say regarding the trip without violating a confidentiality agreement--although I'm not really serving in any important capacity. My main objective at the moment is trying to creatively work alcohol into the expense account.

I should be back to Nashville in time for at least a day of the book festival. I had hoped to be able to promote my latest work, Mysery Loves Cachi: The Unauthorized Biography of Scott Baio, but his lawyers have indefinately tied its release up in court.

Adios again.

6 Comments:

Blogger red molly said...

Have fun in my State where I never have much fun. Maybe when you make your liquor purchase you could get it rang up as food.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Gracias, Molly. That is exactly what I'm doing.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"beer is food" according to a 1998 study undertaken on the subject by the church of beer unity, murfreesboro, tn. congregation.

they drank naought but beer for several days (an accurate number became difficult to estimate) and
DID NOT DIE!!!!

they therefore concluded that it could be a substitue for actual nurishment.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

But you won't come to talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I didn't get to see that, Katherine. Tonight is the only night that I've been around a television this week, and there is never anything that I want to see on Thursdays.

Damn fate.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob Loblaw!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home