Thursday, April 06, 2006

an irish spring

Is anybody else sweating more than usual this Spring? I mean, Springtime is the season when my sweaty nature returns in all its glory, but it has been like a freaking Sergio Leone film with me for the last few weeks, irregardless of my being in a cold office or the ever-warming out of doors.
Perhaps it's all the tap and/or river dancing. I told you stop flailing your arms like a spastic bastard.
Wasn't that an eighties band?
You're thinking of Spandau Ballet.
That certainly looks more like a collection of spastic bastards to me.
I know that much is true.
Was that a shot of them crossing the Delaware?
Yes. Not many people know this, but the Revolutionary War pitted our God-fearing, yet atheistic founding fathers against the most androgynous of British pop musical offerings from the nineteen eighties.
I still don't understand why we didn't get that history teaching gig.
Neither do I. Our paper on "Cornwallis and Kajagoogoo" was nothing short of brilliant.
But seriously, why am I so sweaty?

3 Comments:

Blogger chez bez said...

Ha Ha. You said "irregardless."

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sweat because of your fear that the police are finally closing in on you.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ask questions! Just be glad you are Rex! My gosh, it's April and I think I have strep throat. How I'd like to be in your position!

Actually I'd more likely complain no matter what the weather was like. And take for granted anything temperate.

Just try to be happy.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home