Sunday, December 10, 2006

holiday meat party recollections

No one yelled at me last night. I know I don’t dabble in the political or in any way controversial blogging and that even the more diametrically opposed bloggers are genuinely friendly when face to face, but there is a part of me that half expects to be ambushed with a My mother was a zombie, you bastard! or My grandfather was John Jacob Rogaine, and your last post threatens to crumble the Rogaine family empire, you bastard! followed by a drink in the face. Now, the tragedy of this would of course be the wasted drink, but conversations that begin this way at parties generally do not end well.

Anyway, that didn’t happen last night. It was good to put some more faces and voices to blogs and to also introduce one of the humble Blog o’ Doom’s self-described “minor characters somewhere behind Carl Weathers” to some of you.

You promised to take me to the next one, you bastard! (throws drink in face)

You do realize that you’re a disembodied voice, Captain Howdy, and therefore unable to actually throw anything.

Yes, the stage direction was for you. It was supposed to be a self-inflicted thing...you bastard.

Anyway, the lovely and brilliant Mrs. Camino had a good time. She peruses some of the blogs—sometimes even mine for some reason—and presumably knew what she was getting into.

The evening began with Mr. Mack telling us we were welcome to look at Aunt B’s boob freckle and ended with Drunk, Drunk Ivy yelling something about Jesus at us from the porch as we scrambled to the Caminomobile. Mackie reached into his pouch as he made the boob freckle sales pitch, and I fully expected him to pull out a roll of boob freckle viewing tickets, but he only emerged with a shot glass. Methinks he lacks the true heart of a pimp. Anyway, in the middle of this was some rare socializing for the Caminos. Hutchmo neglected to bring Black Santa, but CLC neglected to wear his special holiday attire, so I suppose blessings should be counted. It was still good to finally meet the Hutch, RUABelle, Kate O, Ivy, the Butcher, Bobby Glen Dean, Mackie, Ginger, Dr.Woo, saraclark, Kathy, and probably a number of people whose names and introductions were unfortunately implanted on brain cells that weren’t long for this world. It was also good to again see those of you I met at the last shindig I attended. I'm glad to know that I didn’t embarrass myself so badly the last time as to incur any shunning.
Big thanks to Kathy for the calendar, by the way. I noticed later that it encompasses both 2007 and 2008 and has a number of helpful tips for homeowners. I especially can’t wait for May’s instructions concerning my garage door, as I got my head stuck in a closing garage door once and was then forbidden from being around the contraptions without a sober and responsible adult present.
All that ends in May.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Mack said...

Methinks he lacks the true heart of a pimp

True dat. But ladies, beware, I have been practicing:

http://www.playerappreciate.com/HowTo.asp

Slick Mack Dazzle
Pimp in Training

3:01 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Great to meet you, too, Rex!!! Can't wait for the next shin-dig!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of best friends has a major "thing" for James MacArthur of Hawaii 5-0 fame. I think about him every time I go to your site. Glad you like the cheesy calendar.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commencing to loud coughing as one of the ones you forgot to mention...even after I nearly attacked you and the Missus.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I always rely on the kindness of the free calendar, Kathy.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I met you at the last shindig, Sis. You were therefore not listed among those I just met last night, as we go way back, as it were.

I think you were also the only one who got a hug, but that's only because Bobby Krumm wasn't there.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think I actually met you at the one in July because I was too intimidated to say howdy but now that you say that, we did briefly meet. It was Sarcastro I was so scared of.

Tis a shame Short and Fat didn't join us. My blogging circle would've been complete.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I was certainly glad to get to talk to you, Brittney, CLC, and Auntee a bit more than at the last one, but I also missed me some S & F.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I looked around for you in vain, young Blake. Perhaps next time.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home