Tuesday, October 11, 2005

the foretelling of the baby horshack

Ron Palillo, the classically trained thespian best known for his portrayal of sweathog Arnold Horshack, is widely credited with having introduced fellow cast member John Travolta to Scientology on the set of “Welcome Back, Kotter”. I don’t know if that had anything to do with Tom Cruise’s conversion, but I think it would make L. Ron Hubbard quite happy if Cruise and Katie Holmes christened their offspring “Horshack Cruise” in honor of this Scientology pioneer.
Just a thought.

4 Comments:

Blogger melusina said...

Um, so how come Horseshack didn't go on to have a very successful career? I thought Scientology promised that?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

I think that he is actually teaching drama at a small college in Ireland, but don't quote me on that. If so, Pallilo's life post-Horshack must not have been too bad.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Wally Bangs said...

He got his ass kicked by Screech on celebrity boxing.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Wow.

I wish I had seen that.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home