Tuesday, April 18, 2006

my apology to the rosie nation

I said some things about Rosie Greer a few months back, and not a day has gone by without at least one person winding up here after googling the gentle giant.
It occurs to me now that the phrase "googling the gentle giant" would make the greatest of euphemisms. The next time someone asks you what you've been up to lately, do your Rex a favor and tell them, "Oh, not much...just googling the ol' gentle giant whenever I get a chance".
But I digress.
Look, I'm not a mean person (outside of UT football, drunk friends passed out on the couch, and my interactions with children), and it eats away at me to think that gentle giant aficionados looking for info on Mr. Greer wind up at the Blog of Doom to read my disparaging remarks on his autobiography. I imagine sweet little old ladies who have seen Rosie on the religious channels and find him to be the cat's pajamas sitting in front of a computer for the first time and wondering what the internets think of their favorite former athlete turned frequent guest religious channels.
This is also how they got to know about the MC Hammer and the sinful life that led him into bankruptcy and left him with no other option than to show up on the religious channels.
Anyway, I want the Rosie Nation to know that I have nothing against their gentle giant. Sometimes people on the internets say things without thinking that a "Rosie Nation" exists, and I want it to be known that there is nothing but love for Mr. Greer in the heart of Rex L. Camino and that this isn't something worth me losing my job over.
Thank you.

8 Comments:

Blogger chez bez said...

A few paragraphs in and I wondered why you referred to Rosie as "him." And then it ocurred to me that I was thinking of Pam Grier the whole time. (Why's he gotta be picking on Pam?)

My bad. Carry on.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

No, I have no qualms with Foxy Brown. We're good.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you after doing a search for Dan Abrams.. Thank Goodness I'm not a member of the Abrams Nation.

- Lauren

9:34 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Is Rosie still needlepointing?
I remember this for some odd reason.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Rosie knits

I love that a big burly man knits. He does still do needlepoint, or at least has needlepoint books in the marketplace.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Damn. I didn't think about there being an "Abrams Nation".

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea how badly I'd like to see you interact with children.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Part of my duties during my year as a middle school english teacher involved me having to spend an hour a week with the six graders, but I don't know if six graders are children. If so, some of them are children who can cuss like sailors.

It wasn't always pretty.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home