Thursday, June 23, 2005

rex l. camino, working man

It looks like your Uncle Rex will have steady and legitimate employment complete with multiple responsibilities over the next month to eight weeks. I can’t divulge too much but I can let you know that I am doing it for the youth of America. Anyway, I’ve already been at it a couple of days and regret that it will seriously cut back on the time I have to peruse bloggage both far and wide.

Here is the view from my window. It overlooks the rolling hills of Antioch.
antioch skyline
No, it is not that interesting. This is real life, people.

And it is really damn hot, people. There are rolling and cluttered hills back there but they were not visible at 9:30 this morning when I snapped this. It also doesn’t help that there is a river of semis and other assorted angry traffic known collectively as I-24 running through that valley. I like to get out and walk around the building a couple times a day to keep the blood flowing, but invariably return sweaty, defeated and unable to breathe anytime after ten. I briefly contemplate changing to a lifestyle involving less alcohol and caffeine, but that is just the near heatstroke talking. It passes.
For a more interesting shot you can check out this pic I took at Ft. Morgan in Mobile, AL a couple of years back. It has nothing to do whatsoever with anything I just said. I just like to look at it sometimes.
ft.morgan, mobile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home