Thursday, October 13, 2005

more undeniable truths

I only hope that you can learn from my life experiences. I'm all about the helping.

  • Few things in life are as difficult as trying to get blood out of a clownsuit. You shouldn’t even try. Save yourself some time and anguish and just buy a new one.
  • Jon Bon Jovi may have seen a million faces, but I doubt seriously that he rocked them all. I have heard the music of Mr. Bon Jovi and am more inclined to believe that a significant number of those faces were only feigning being rocked in order to spare this “cowboy” from New Jersey a little embarrassment.
  • The Bible would be much more compelling if it somehow incorporated Christopher Moore’s novel, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal.
  • I hate to harp on airport security, but it is freakin’ impossible to commandier a freakin’ airplane with a pair of freakin’ toenail clippers. I don’t care if you’re Jean Claude freakin’ Van Damme and the freakin’ plane is being flown by Helen freakin’ Keller. It makes no freakin’ sense whatsofreakinever.
  • The Pips needed Gladys Knight more than Gladys Knight needed the Pips.
  • It sends a bad message to America’s NASCAR watching youth when drivers aren’t seen exchanging insurance information after a pile-up.
  • I openly weep each time I hear Glen Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman” (even though it has nothing to do with football, as I recently noticed).
  • Upping number of speed traps along the Nashville interstate system is the best way to deal with a rapidly increasing crime rate. Kudos to you and your mad logic skills, Police Chief Surpfatass.
  • Katie Couric will inject at least one uninteresting fact about herself into each of her interviews on any given morning, and it will pass for journalism.
  • People on drugs do not appreciate an impromptu puppet show. They may enjoy it enthusiastically at first, but they will quickly turn on you at the first sign of puppet aggression.

7 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

You must REALLY weep when you hear Glen Campbell perform 'String of Pearls' or any of the other big band classics of the 30s and 40s.

Thanks for the words to live by..

8:29 AM  
Blogger Wally Bangs said...

Another undeniable truth: Rex L. Camino's Blog of Doom never fails to make me laugh.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said senor Camino. here are some more:

~staring blankly at someone while slowly chewing on a jumbo hostess honey bun will make them go away.

~what passes for witty banter in the hippie community is just sad.

~the lyrics of phil collins (pre 1993) deserve a second chance.

~the family name "Bon Jovi" actually comes from early french in the time of charlemane and means "good lord!" it manifests itself in english through the expression "by Jove!" this reaction was common upon meeting someone of this blood line and so the name stuck. the reaction persists to this day in some quarters.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Gracias for reminding me that I always say "Glenn Miller" when I mean to say "Glenn Campbell", John. It has afflicted me since childhood.

Gracias for the kinds words, Wally, and happy birthday to your young-un.

Gracias for reminding me of the love that Phil Collins and I once shared, Sethro.

Gracias for keeping me up to date on the goings on of Douglas Wilder and things related to private road construction, Blogspam.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that Bon Jovi isn't just French for "good Jovi"?

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i'm sure. that would be ridiculous.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Peggasus said...

Ah, the Gospel According to Biff! What a fine book. My favorite line was when Josh (Jesus) said to Joseph: "You're not the boss of me."

Katie Couric needs to lay off the eyeliner. She's scaring the chldren.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home